Bought a cheapie key case from eBay. Here’s how I replaced it.
- Buy case and get the key part cut at a locksmith. You don’t need a specialist car locksmith.
- Assembled and tested but the slightest touch of the key was activating the buttons, so the key was unlocking and locking like mad. Eventually I discovered the rubber studs in the key were activating the circuit board buttons. Glued a piece of card in to insulate it.
- Still wasn’t working. Provided switch film didn’t have sufficient height to be work properly, so I used the old one.
- Re-assembled the correct way up
- Insert the transponder RFID blob in the corner
- Fit circuit board and battery